Who can do ?
- Students pursuing in any stream of Life Science (B.Sc., B.Tech., M.Sc. and M.Tech.) are eligible for this program
Why Mini Project ?
- Students who have the basic knowledge of tools and techniques of biotechnology/life science lab and experience of handling the Instruments can take the next step from basic to advance level of research. This would help you to take the first step from being a fresher towards being a researcher. Mini project will also help you to establish a base for upcoming dissertation work in the final year as the our mini project program have the same format as that of the major project /dissertation.
Why to choose Mini Project over module training ?
- Those students who have learned the techniques earlier will get module which might have some techniques they already know. To avoid this overlapping, students can select this mini project program as it will allow them to learn how to conceptualize the idea into research. Here they could use all the skills/techniques already known to them into fruitful product. Thus giving them in-depth knowledge of the technique.
Why to choose Mini Project over Major project ?
- Students who do not have enough time to do a major project of 3,4 or 6 months but interested to learn the entire research methodology, may opt for mini project. It is the miniaturized version of long term projects. It includes all the steps involved in major project and that to in the same format. Only the time duration has been reduced to 45 days, keeping in mind the need of students
Duration & Charges
45 Days Mini Project
Fees: Rs. 9,500/-
- Mini Project will cover a complete short term project which has been already worked and completed in CytoGene lab. The work may or may not be published by integrating with the long term projects. Notably Students have to perform the complete work with in time limit
Mini Project Program Includes
Literature study on the selected topic
This includes a thorough background study related to the area of interest of the student. This helps the student to gain basic knowledge on the topic.
- A layout of the entire work in the form of synopsis is prepared by the student under the guidance of the faculty. Synopsis is then presented by the student in the form of presentation to the guide and other faculty members. If accepted and approved by the faculty, the student can move to next step or make the suggested modifications.
Sample Collection & Lab work
- Student has to collect the samples from the location as mentioned in their synopsis. This is the major step of the program. Student has to complete his/her entire lab work under the guidance of the faculty. No work will be done by the faculty, student has to perform the entire work by themselves.
Data Management and result analysis
- All the results obtained during the work must be managed in very organized form and complete its analysis.
Review of complete work (Presentation)
- A review (presentation) of the complete work followed by the viva voice is done for every student individually.
- A compilation of entire work in the form of thesis is prepared by every student. All the steps will be performed by the students under constant guidance of faculty
60 Days Mini Project
Fees: Rs. 11,000/-
- Economic Projects will cover a complete project which has not been worked anywhere and new to the research area at very low handling cast. The publication of work is totally based on the students wish.